AppSec teams carry out various activities, triaging, threat modeling, security reviews, pentests and more. To keep up with all those duties, Enso allows you to manage multiple purpose tasks
The tasks page allows to search and filter all the existing tasks in Enso.
There are few methods to generate tasks:
- 2.By policy - tasks can be created by asset, defect or tasks policy rules
- 3.With smart tasks - aggregate few defects into one task automatically by Enso. This is mostly relevant to resolve multiple SCA defects by a single dependency upgrade
Using a policy to create tasks is very helpful when a task should be created on specific events (a new repository is discovered, etc.) or periodically (every quarter, etc.)
There are a few actions that can be applied for each task:
Click the task's title to drill-down into the task's full description
- As R&D teams using ticketing systems to manage their work, it's important to move tasks to the R&D's to-do list (especially when the task includes defects to resolve). Click onto generate those tickets based on your tasks.
- Communicating task to a ticketing system can be done by choosing:
- Create a new Jira ticket - a new Jira ticket will be automatically created according to the task's details. In case there are other required fields, a new tab will be opened, allowing to add the required info
- Create and edit Jira ticket - this allows to edit the Jira ticket before submitting it
- Attach a Jira ticket - attach a task to an existing Jira ticket
- Add ticket URL - used when the tickets are not managed in Jira, but on another ticketing system
- Change the task's status to report progress/completion.